What is a depth filter press?
Our depth filter press is a type of filter press that uses a porous filtration medium to trap and remove particles from a liquid or gas. The filter medium is typically made up of multiple layers of material with varying levels of porosity, allowing for the removal of particles of different sizes and shapes. The substance to be filtered is passed through the filter medium, and the particles are trapped within the medium, allowing the purified liquid or gas to exit the filter press. Depth filter presses are commonly used in industries such as water treatment, pharmaceuticals, and food and beverage manufacturing.
Firstly, depth filter presses are more effective in removing particles of different sizes and shapes, as the filter medium has multiple layers with varying levels of porosity. This allows for a more thorough filtration process and can result in a higher quality purified substance. Secondly, depth filter presses are generally easier to operate and maintain than other types of filter presses. They do not require the frequent replacement of filter plates or membranes, which can be time-consuming and costly.
Lastly, depth filter presses are typically less expensive than other types of filter presses, making them a more cost-effective option for many industries. However, there are also some disadvantages to using depth filter presses. They can become clogged quickly, reducing filtration efficiency, and they are not as effective in removing dissolved impurities. Additionally, they have a limited capacity for high-throughput applications.
Applications of depth filter press
- Water treatment: Depth filter presses are commonly used in the water treatment industry to remove impurities such as suspended solids, bacteria, and viruses. They are used in both municipal and industrial water treatment processes.
- Food and beverage industry: Depth filter presses are used in the food and beverage industry to filter liquids such as beer, wine, and juice. They are used to remove impurities and improve the taste and appearance of the final product.
- Pharmaceutical industry: Depth filter presses are used in the pharmaceutical industry to filter drugs and other pharmaceutical products. They are also used to remove impurities from various types of pharmaceutical process streams.
- Chemical industry: Depth filter presses are used in the chemical industry to remove impurities from various chemical process streams. They are used in both batch and continuous processes.
- Oil and gas industry: Depth filter presses are used in the oil and gas industry to remove impurities from crude oil and natural gas. This helps to reduce the wear and tear on processing equipment and ensures that the final product meets industry standards.
Our production technology
Jingjin is devoted to the filter press industry for more than 20 years and is also the primary drafter of national standards for filter presses and filter plates. We have obtained 136 patents so far. 132 of them are in China, and 4 of them are international patents. The filter press’s production capacity and sales volume remain the largest worldwide for twelve consecutive years and sells to 123 countries and regions. Up to 2016, we have made 9800 orders, and own 1500 long-time, steady customers.
Jingjin Equipment Inc. was founded in 1988. The company is a complex environmental protection service provider of filter outfit production, filter technology overall plan solution, and environmental protection project contraction and operation. The main products are filter press, filter plate, filter cloth, and other accessory equipment of filter press. The area of the factory site covers 900,000 square meters, and the workers are 4000, which includes senior engineers 130. Jingjin brand is also protected by Madrid International Trademark Registration. Top filter press manufacturers, factories, and suppliers in China.
The format to fit your need
- Filter plates: These are the primary component of a filter press and are responsible for holding the filter media in place. Filter plates come in different sizes and materials, including polypropylene, stainless steel, and cast iron.
- Filter media: The filter media is the porous material that traps and removes particles from the substance being filtered. Depth filter presses use multiple layers of filter media with varying levels of porosity to capture particles of different sizes and shapes.
- Frame: The frame of a depth filter press holds the filter plates in place and provides the necessary support for the filtration process.
- Hydraulic system: The hydraulic system is responsible for applying pressure to the filter plates, which forces the substance to be filtered through the filter media. The hydraulic system also controls the opening and closing of the filter press.
- Feed pump: The feed pump is responsible for delivering the substance to be filtered into the filter press. The pump must be able to deliver the substance at the required pressure and flow rate.
- Filtrate discharge system: The filtrate discharge system is responsible for collecting and removing the purified substance from the filter press. This can be done through a discharge port or a collection tray.
- Cake discharge system: The cake discharge system is responsible for removing the solid material that is trapped in the filter media. This can be done manually or automatically.