Filter press dewatering machines are an effective solution for sludge dewatering in various industrial applications. Additionally, filter presses use mechanical means to squeeze water out of semisolid materials like sludge, slurries and pulps.
Filter presses are well suited for sludge dewatering from wastewater treatment plants. The frame filter press design allows filter presses to efficiently dewater sludge from primary and secondary clarifiers in a compact footprint.
Some Advantages Of Using Filter Presses For Sludge Dewatering:
- High solid content output. Filter presses can achieve solid content of 20% to 35% in the dewatered sludge cake, reducing sludge volume by up to 85%.
- Robust design for high efficiency. The frame filter press dewatering comprises sturdy frames and plates that apply adequate pressure for effective dewatering.
- Continuous operation. Filter presses allow continuous feeding of the filter media and removal of dewatered cake for high throughput.
- Long service life. Filter press components like plates and frames are durable and designed for years of reliable operation with minimum downtime.
Frame Filter Press VS. Belt Filter Press Dewatering
- Maintenance – Belt filter presses require more regular maintenance of the belt and rollers. Frame filter presses have less moving parts and require less maintenance.
- Cake removal – In belt filter presses, the dewatered cake is removed by scraping it off the belt. 3. In frame filter presses, the plates are separated and the cake drops out.
- Sludge type – Belt filter presses are generally better suited for less viscous sludge types. Frame filter presses can handle a wider range of sludge viscosities.
- Capital cost – Belt filter presses tend to have a higher initial capital cost than frame filter presses. However, operating costs tend to be lower.
Installing A Filter Press Dewatering System To Improve Wastewater Treatment
If you are looking to improve the efficiency of sludge dewatering at your wastewater treatment or industrial plant, consider installing a filter press dewatering system. A frame filter press is a versatile and cost-effective solution for many sludge dewatering applications.