Cakes frequently stick and adhere to pipe walls during downstream processing applications. This can cause issues like reduced throughput, channeling and ruptured filter cakes. Cake braker help prevent these problems by detaching stuck cakes from surfaces.
What Is A Cake braker?
A cake braker is a mechanical device that uses impacts, vibrations or pulses of air or liquid to disrupt the bond between a filter cake and the filter media or pipe wall. This breaks the cake into smaller pieces that can then be further processed or removed.
China Cake Braker Factory List Top 3 Types
Several technologies are used in cake braker:
- Mechanical: Uses physical impacts from hammers, springs or shock waves to break the cake. Tolerates a wide range of process fluids.
- Hydraulic: Uses water jets to break up the cake. Works well for fluids compatible with water.
- Pneumatic: Uses pulses of compressed air to free the cake. Often used for fragile cakes.
China Cake Braker Factory Tell You – Factors to Consider When Choose Cake braker
When selecting a cake braker, we have to consider as below:
- Cake characteristics: Density, thickness, friability and material being filtered
- Pipe dimensions: Inner diameter and length of pipe with stuck cake
- Process fluid: Compatibility with cake braker and its materials of construction
- Energy requirements: Air, water or electricity needed to operate cake braker
- Installation: Ease of installing cake braker on existing pipes
- Remote operation: Ability to operate cake braker from a control room
Common Materials Used To Construct Cake braker
Both 300 series and 400 series stainless steels are used. This is the most common material, used for its corrosion resistance, strength and durability.
This lightweight Aluminum is used for some low-pressure pneumatic cake braker. It offers good corrosion resistance to many chemicals.
Fiber-reinforced plastics combining materials like carbon fiber, Kevlar and epoxy resins are as used in some high-performance cake braker.