Belt filter presses are a type of dewatering machine that separates solids from liquids in slurries. They consist of two conveyor belts that squeeze slurry between them to extract water. Belt presses are commonly used to dewater biosolids.
Simply Understand About Belt Filter Presses
They apply pressure to biosolids sandwiched between porous belts. As the belts pass over rollers of decreasing diameter, more pressure is exerted to squeeze out water. Belt presses typically feature the following design elements:
- A polymer conditioning zone adds chemical flocculants. Gravity drainage zones allow water to drip away. Low and high pressure squeezing zones further reduce moisture in the biosolids cake. Advanced designs maximize filtration area and variable belt speeds increase cake solids content.
- Components of a belt press include: the dewatering belts, rollers and bearings, a belt tracking and tensioning system, controls and drives, and a belt washing system.
You May Know Details For Belt Filter Presses From China Supplier
They are commonly used to dewater wastewater treatment sludges. At the same time, slurries from various industrial processes like mining, chemical production, food processing, and more.
- The belts are made of woven metal or plastic meshes that allow water to pass through while retaining solids.
- Pressure is applied with gravity, hydraulic, or mechanical systems using squeeze rolls or plates.
- Polymer flocculants are often added to condition the slurry and help solids form larger particles that are easier to filter.
- Dewatered cake solids concentration can range from 10-35%. Higher concentrations require more advanced press designs.
Common Troubleshooting Issues:
For optimal performance, run the belt wash system at over 100 psi if possible. Belt filters tend to be more cost-effective and energy-efficient than options like centrifuges or screw presses.
Micronics can provide filter cloth samples for testing. Service technicians can inspect your belt press and provide training on belt changing procedures. They can recommend optimization strategies based on your operating conditions and goals.